ArcelorMittal’s compact monowire technology
A technical and commercial triumph
Acknowledged as an innovation in its field, ArcelorMittal’s compact monowire technology is both a technical and a commercial triumph: thousand of ropes in use in all parts of the world testify to the technology’s unrivalled performance:
- Extreme accuracy of geometric characteristics
- Meticulous elaboration of high-resistance wires
- Know-how of our rope experts
- The best guarantee of stability and smooth operation is ensured by the perfect assembly of the rope’s components on our compact core
Elongation and diameter evolution
- The level of stretch of our compact core ropes is extremelly low approx 1 to 1,5‰ when the rope reaches its end of life
- The very low diameter reduction of compact ropes keeps consintent the quality of the interface between the rope and the installation on which its is used
- In constrast to ropes assembled on multiwire cores, the use of the compact monowire core provides optimum stability concerning the contact of the rope with such organs as vehicle attachments rollers and transmission sheaves and pulleys.
- The compact monowire core, plus a unique roping manufacturing technique (the only one of its kind in the world) guarantees a perfect control and regularity of the rope and straightness.
- The assembly technique and the choice of material for the monowire core provide the best possible guarantee of that the original rope geometry is kept during the whole rope life: smallest variations in rope diameter and length in service.
Longer life span
- The exceptional qualities of the compact core technology provide an extremely long service life: no contacts between adjacent strands, even at the end of the service life,this allows to take profit of the maximum fatigue life potential of the individual steel wires.
- Shortening operations eliminated or reduced
- Consistent efficiency of attachments